When playing Channel streams on your PC using BlueStacks, Android Box or Tablets or even on Firestick most of our users have complained that they were unable to play the streams even though the app had installed successfully.
After quite an amount of research and effort, my team was finally able to solve the “No Video only Audio” error. To give a more clear picture each user has pointed out the error in different terms
- The Stream has Sound but no Picture.
- Showing Black Screen but the Audio plays in the background.
Most probably in order to overcome this error, you must have MX Player installed on your device. If you are using other video player applications such as XMTV Player or 321 Player it might be able to solve the errors from time to time but why waste the space when you can easily make this simple tweak on MX Player to make it work like magic.
I will recommend you not to use Built-in Android player, Web Player or XYZ Player because it won’t rectify the errors.
How to solve “No Video only Audio/ Sound” Error
Basically, when you open a channel and select the MX Player for playing the stream it uses the HW or HW+ decoding to process the stream but if you have installed Live NetTV on PC using BlueStacks it might not have that much hardware capabilities under use to decode it and it is one of the main reason for the error. Before you go any further do install the missing MX Player Codec from Google Play.
- To rectify this you need to Change from HW or HW+ to SW and you can instantly see the streams will start showing the video. (Refer below image to change it)
- When you launch any channel from Live NetTv it will display a loading icon and black screen.
- So Select decoder type from HW Decoder to SW Decoder.
- After few seconds you can see and hear both video and audio altogether.
- To avoid doing this same process each time when you launch a new channel, there is a simple tweak that can be done to automatically play using software decoder.
- First Open MX Player from your App Launcher.
- Then tap on the Menu on the top right corner, Under it Click on the Settings Option.
- Once inside tap on the decoder option on the left.
- Under Software decoder, Enable SW Decoder (Network) and SW Audio.
- Now exit the app and return back to Live NetTV.
- Select any Desired Channel and it will play without any previous error.
Hope the tutorial was pretty useful and straightforward for sharing your errors. This will be able to solve error that occurred while streaming Live NetTV on PC. Feel Free to share the article with friends who get this error and comment below if you have any queries.